Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The Girl with the Daisy on her Head

I need to put my phone down more.

I've never been successful at meditation but I am good at looking up into the sky and letting the world fall away.  So that's what I've been doing in the form of spending time at night in the backyard hammock while the world gets dark and the stars come out to sparkle.  Away from the tv and the lights and the walls...Outside where I can walk barefoot on the grass and let the day gently wrap up.  I leave my phone inside and try to just be there without letting the thoughts and plans and ideas for making stuff invade this precious magical time.  Refresh and relax.. let the world and every thought fade away, just a little break from the noise of life.

The other night in the hammock as I felt the air cool and sweet breeze let the leaves of the apple trees whisper to each other, I fell asleep.....and had a dream.  I dreamt I had roots coming through my feet and up through my legs where they turned into a  plant stem. As the stem grew, a daisy popped out of my head. Like a sweet little daisy hat that shaded me in the hot summer and decorated my hair. It was a little unruly, a wild daisy on the top of my head. At first people were really freaked out, because....I had a daisy on my head.  But then they got used to it.  "Oh, it's Barbara, the girl with the daisy on her head"  it was just a part of me.  


https://morganharpernichols.com/


This funny quirky dream has stuck with me and I've tried to figure out what it means...And then yesterday I re-stumbled on a bunch of words I had seen on an Instgram feed and saved in my phone because, the time may come when I know why they caught my attention...and suddenly.  Connection.  The very thing I was searching for had found me...when I got quiet and listened or rather dreamed.

There it is...the things we think are challenging and making life feel so heavy...The things that we can't figure out and the times we feel we are squeezing ourselves through small openings. The doors we can't open and the ones that refuse to close.  Life changes we want and don't want.  The disconnectedness and ache in our hearts....and the good stuff. The whispers of life calling us in new directions,  memories, family and friends who do see us when we don't see ourselves.  The rush of excitement when a passion comes to rest in your hands or eyes.  All of it.   Blooming.   Let the roots and stem grow  inside you until your blossom pops out of the top of your head and you wear it like a beautiful crown regardless of what anyone else may think or say.   Blooming...




"Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair"

Love Wildly and Bloom.
Barbara



No comments:

Post a Comment