I was tagged yesterday on Facebook by my friend Lisa to start a Gratitude chain. She challenged me to post 3 things I am grateful for for 5 days and tag 2 people each day. Because I am a scattered messy girl I am doing one big gratitude post and calling out everyone...all of you....And I couldn't stop at just 15 things so I allowed myself 25..or more...
1. Abby, Tyler, Becky, Hank and Jack, my children. I am grateful for the way they fill my heart and teach me more about love and life than I ever thought possible..I am grateful for the last bits of children in the house and trying to appreciate every moment. I am grateful for all of them, for every part of our relationships, all of it. For marrying Chris, Tiffany and Michael and bringing more people I adore to my life. Love multiplied
2. Five healthy and happy grandchildren who I don't get to see nearly enough....I need to smush all your faces ASAP
3.. I am grateful for friends in all forms. Those I have never met, those who I have spent time with, and those yet to come.... you all listen, understand and bring something important to my heart. The people who have picked me up, given unexpected gifts, said things that warmed my heart and shared their stories with me when they are broken.. Accepting, encouraging, and embracing.You rock my world. that's the truth. and you make me laugh...so much...let's do more of that.
4. I am grateful for my little business, my big dream with a life of it's own. I'm grateful that with a smart phone, computer and sewing machine, I can bring my passion to life and make it work in a way that makes sense to me. Trusting instincts, making mistakes, learning lessons.....I wouldn't trade all this for anything. and I'm not done, I'm grateful for that.
5. I'm grateful for my big ideas ...they keep me up at night and give me purpose and a plan.Watch out for a girl with a purpose and a plan....She will change the world.
6. I'm so grateful for my days working at Quilters' Paradise and all the ladies that are there. You provide love, inspiration and encouragement plus lots of laughter. I am so lucky to spend hours with you all and know each of you.
7. I am grateful for a warm, safe roof in a safe neighborhood. My children know there is food in the house every day and they have more than they need. I don't take that for granted.
8. I'm grateful for the parents I had, My pursuit of creative expression, sense of adventure and my wild yahooty heart came from them. They let me run barefoot and unfettered through childhood and here I am doing the same in my adult life.. Kindness, honesty and story telling...all of it came from them...
9. I'm grateful for my brothers, sister in laws, nieces and nephews. More people I miss daily and need to see more often.
10. I am grateful for music and the need to dance when I hear a beat that moves me. For feeling it in my soul. From the epic concert days in the 70s to music on the streets of New Orleans, I love it all....there is a soundtrack to my life.
11. I am grateful for barefeet. I love the feeling of the ground under my sole, I feel connected to the Earth and life walking without shoes However,. I also love shoes; cute shoes in any form make me weak..I know... the conflict is real...
12. I am grateful for knitting and the fact I can take a couple of sticks and some yarn and make stuff, while I am watching tv or in the car. I don't sit still well. And I like knit hats, they are cozy. I love yarn...seriously, I just love yarn.
13. High school girlfriends that have stuck around, you know who you are. I could find you at anytime and ask anything and you would wrap me in love and make me laugh...without hesitation. And they also will cause trouble at the drop of a hat...I love that about them..
14. I am grateful for the little pool in our backyard and for floating on a hot summer day...weightless and careless for a little while.
15. I am grateful for things in the sky so that when I look up, I remember how amazing the world is. Clouds, stars, rain and the moon to name a few....
16. I am grateful that I know the view from the back of a horse, the smell and feel of the gorgeous coat, the feel of a coarse mane, the sound of hooves on the ground and the closest thing to flying I have found on this earth. I found truth and love in the eyes of my mustang and I miss her so. I am grateful for the horse girl in me.
17. messy hair, I love that too
18. High School Friday Nights....the marching band, the cannons, cheerleaders and my son running onto the field through the big huge Cougar Head, two boys of mine doing what they love, knowing that these are the days of their lives. And I yell, a lot...it's so fun.
19. Jeans with patches.I love them lots...sparkly earrings, pedicures, cowgirl boots, perfect tee shirts, swirly skirts, stacks of bangles on my wrists, cardigans, denim jackets and sunglasses. Hamburgers, red wine, pepperoni and pineapple pizza, Disney animated movies, good books, girls night out, rain storms, the beach, the mountains, wild daisies and the wind in my face. And October, I seriously love October.
20. Business people who lift up, shout out, advise, understand and encourage. We are in this together and opportunity is not a pie with only enough for a few. There is some for everyone..Here's to ones with big dreams who cheer for other's big dreams. Rockstars all of you...
21. Mistakes, I am grateful for those. Skinned knees, bruised ego, broken heart and embarrassing mistakes ...all of it, messy and honest..own them, learn from them and leave them behind.
22. My tangled nature...It's not easy to be a girl who is emotional and a chronic overthinker but I think it leads me to a deep sincere understanding of where I fit in the world. At least I hope so.
23...Being 56...Best kept secret ever is finding comfort in your own skin that comes with this age. Learning that I am okay the way I am without apologies...so intensely grateful for finally getting this one figured out.
24. Possibility...anything and I mean anything is possible. You just have to work TOWARDS it not away from it and believe..
25. Mostly, I'm just grateful and my list got longer than I expected because gratitude brings more gratitude....I am grateful for faith, truth and love in all forms.... And I went over the original 15. Because I can't seem to leave well enough alone...Now it's your turn, start a chain of intentional gratitude, make your list and see what happens.
“In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it's wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.”
― Elizabeth Gilbert